Friday, September 4, 2015

And now the show begins

Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest;
Well so it begins this weekend for the DIVE IN! art show @ NWIPA.
Just hanging the show but everything should be in place for the show. I think the only thing I'm debating about is the putting up prints. But I'm thinking that they should go up as well just to get things moving forward with sales and the like.
But everything has been recorded on SQUARE so anything else is just collecting the money.
I would love to see many things fly out of the show. That would be fantastic in my opinion.
At times I wish I had more to bring to the show (all Richard Parker themed. And trust me there is a great bunch of stuff that I have planned out to show later on) but right now just got to focus on the show itself.

RESENT DEVELOPMENT....
As I was getting my rack for prints ready for this weekend and pulling the large framed pieces out to be transported to NWIPA I found a piece that is directly related to Richard Parker and really kinda the reason why Parker exists in the first place.
The Mermaid.
Now this was strictly something that I threw together because I wanted to prove a woman that I could make a mermaid quickly for a potential commission but she never came back around for a look to look. HER major loss in my opinion but because of her was initial inspiration for the ALL of the deep sea diver material.
Of course the image I have here doesn't really show off the actual piece that I am looking to put up for the DIVE IN! art show. This is because I don't have a giant industrial scanner that can scan in 16"X20" scratchboards.
Maybe one day I will soon I hope and that will make things so much better for me. But image of the mermaid made Richard Parker possible. They are two side of a coin. Right now as things begin to line up for the set up at NWIPA, I've been working on the way to tell how Parker is brought back from the dead (yes spoiler alert but he does die guys but he comes back).
I think I have figured out how to do it to. And because of the sea legends of old especially the legend of the Flying Dutchman. The Spectre of the Sea.
 I am excited about this prospect and have been working an angle dealing with Greek myth to help bring Parker from the edge of death to avenging angel of the Seven Seas. Who wouldn't want to pick up a comic based upon that scenario?
I think that my friend Lynn Perterson said it best on Facebook:
Wood engraving by Lynd Ward 1930
 "Ghost ships and monstrous sea creatures, sailing off the edge of the world! RP needs to appear in graphic novel form with your art. I want to talk to you about artist Lynn Ward who wrote stories, book format using only his wood cuts 1930s-40s...Your work is on the way to doing that now..."
Wood engraving by Lynd Ward 1930
I have been looking at Mr. Ward's work over the last year and his woodcuts are amazing to me but him making a graphic novel using strictly images blew me away. I have been working towards that goal with the "Dreams of Elysium" for a while. I know that now it can be done because it has happened before and I keep telling people that scratchboard (if they are not familiar with it) is just a poor man's woodcut.
I will be looking into this with great furbur. 
And that gives me hope that I can do it and also have great artistic WORLD WIDE APPEAL!
And for anything else that pertains to the box check out these sites as well.
Etsy


And of course I still have my comics that I have worked on here at Indyplanet.

And mind you there is website
and the facebook page 

The Website also has some new stuff added for the comic books featuring Corpse Cop.



 And with that this kid is outta of here I got work to do. 

 
 And that's it for the kid for now and I am outta of here.


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment