Sunday, July 22, 2012

The 'Why"of Corrax

Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest: 


CORRAX: THE SEEKER NEWS:

Now as I have finished with work on CTS #1, I am currently beginning to start working on CTS #2.  The plot has been for the last couple of months but as a one man show, time of production goes down.  But a major thing I realized was if I was gonna have to do was advertise for the next issue.  And the way to do that is show a copy of that next cover.   Duh.


CTS Cover for Issue #2
2012 Copyright BBVA and Alan Bennett

And of course there is nothing more eye catching than a a color cover to show case a new book to whet your appetite to pick up a new book.   It may not be exactly the same when issue #2 comes out but it will be pretty damn close!
And gives a little insight to what's coming up for Corrax.
What is the mystery of Outpost 10?  Why has there been no contact with them for the last week?  What kind of cosmic space horrors have been released because someone didn't follow proper protocol?
Answers will be revealed but not all at once. 


OTHER CORRAX NEW:



Now as I was having such a catchy sci-fi kinda title the inevitable question come up.  So last night I had a friend ask me a fairly small question about CTS last night:

Question: "Alan, In Corrax: The Seeker- what's he seeking?"
Answer: "Knowledge and Adventure."
That answer made me promptly think of the pitch line- “He's Luke Skywalker mixed with Gandalf the Grey.”
And the Who's "The Seeker" is his theme."

Now this question was asked again by a one of my oldest and closest friends and he asked me again but phrased it a bit differently in the form of “Why is he called that?  What is Corrax’s background?”
   I responded with the aforementioned bit.  He liked the pitch line but he said to me “I like the Luke Skywalker/ Gandalf connection but that seemed more Johnny Vega than Corrax.   Corrax to me comes across to me like Indiana Jones with a guilt complex.  He should be looking to the reason why am I still here; why am I alive and they are not? Basically the why?"
  This topic was based on the humorous aspects of Corrax’s antics and witty quips in a attempt to deal with a darker side of his personality  basically a sense of failure.  Something akin to another super hero I didn’t mention but I think we are all aware of- Spiderman.
  So there is a bit of Corrax’s background that may be under development and it’s funny that my friend had mentioned Indiana Jones because I was thinking about using that to describe Corrax as well.
  But there will be a background that unfolds as time goes on.
  Does this mean Corrax will loose his witty come backs?  
  HELL NO.  
  This os one of the main things that I like about the character  Vega just didn’t have that going on. 

"The Kirby Tree" STILL IN PROGRESS
5"X7" scratchboard 2012 Copyright by
BBVA and Alan Bennett

"Frankenstein's Monster" 5"X7" scratchboard
2012 Copyright by BBVA and Alan Bennett
SCRATCHBOARD NEWS: 
The work is getting closer to being done.  There will be a couple of old favorites like Frankenstein and Brain Cage being remade as well as Hunting Party 2.  But this is always subject to change as well.
So The Rose City Comic Show should be filled will lots of cool art work regardless.
So brief as it is this is what I got for you.
And that is it for the kid and I am outta here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment