Sunday, July 29, 2012

BBVA UPDATE for 7/29/12


Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest:
CORRAX: THE SEEKER NEWS:
Hopefully by this weekend I will have gotten the edits and proof read pages on CTS #1 back from my editor Jason Pott of NEOtrash Comix so CTS can move into its last phase- printing!
Even with that being done there are still the shows to attend and promote the series.  And I think know this to one of my weaker aspects of printing right now to proofreading my own work.
As a creator in the small press market (not vanity press)  marketing for your book or books is part of the deal being a self publisher.  For me as a owner of a small business, the creative process ends when the last page is colored.  Everything else is legwork to sell.
   And being good at recognizing your faults or rather weaknesses you look for help either free or pay to boost up potential sales. Most indipenant creators go the free route because they have all shot their wad just printing the books up. I know this because I've done that.  But sometimes you have to front the money to make it right.  
Like websites.  
It's unfortunate for Black Box Comix website is not more in comprehensive but I needed a web presence. 
Well I turn to my friend Adam Watson of Darkslinger Comics to help me in that capacity.
Adam in the truest sense of the small press market (in my opinion) is well versed in this.  So when I need advice on sales I call him up.  
I may be a one man machine on working on product but he's The Donald Trump of the comics - and better looking too.
CTS #2 is under way as half my page count is done with penciling.  Page transfers are being worked on.  Now in contrast with the color Vega books that I was working on about 6 years ago the new CTS books have a consistsancy that those books lacked.  And also the turn around time as well.  
I am optimistic that by the time the Jet City COMIC SHOW rolls around in late September that CTS #2 will be under way with the complete inks and color.  I have a feeling that this second issue will be better than the last. 

SCRATCHBOARD COMMISSION NEWS:

With the commission piece of Godzilla being picked up this weekend there is another commision coming my way.  That would be good for this kid.

"The Kirby Tree" 5"x7" Scratchboard
OTHER SCRATCHBOARD NEWS:

"Medusa's Daughter" 5"x7" Scratchboard

With commissions being done that leaves getting ideas for a gallery show later this year for the the BIG 200.  I always like to plan in advance for this show because I really want my oieces to walk out with someone who really wants it.
So in the next couple of months I'm looking at produceing 10 new 8"x8" pieces.  
Of course those are always a free for all kinda thing with the subject matter. 

CTS #2, page 2 pencils
2012 copyright BBVA and Alan Bennett
OTHER CORRAX NEWS :
So a majority of things being done here are a few scans of the up coming pencils for CTS #2.
And with that the kid is outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment