Sunday, May 17, 2015

Things to come.

Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest:

Well as things get progressively closer to a show and I have been in contact with a few people whom I do know are going so the event will be with people I know.
Now interesting enough was the fact that I was asked recently by another living here in PDX by the name of Jake Standley CRYPTICON 2015!
to talk about the overall and what to expect of the event of
MuHawwwaaa! 

Muhawhawa!
Well maybe but not really.

Jake is no stranger to the show circuit however this is a much different show than he has attended before and the fact that is sharing a booth with girl friend was an additional unknown to me.
BUT that is besides the point I was asked to retell of my experiences there at the show (from last year. check out the previous blog here),  and what they should look out for and what to expect from the floor staff.
I did go on that this was a one time experience and what they should do if they came across anything that would not help them in their sales - document everything that is wrong. Report it to the organizers and do it immediately- don't wait till later.

Photos illustrate everything.

Then they hit me with the new project that they were looking to sell and promote- a pumpkin carving set!
Pretty cool if you ask me. The examples that they showed on line were pretty cool. I know for a fact that I hadn't seen anything like that being sold there at the show. So my feeling is that they will do very well there and I know Jake will do well there as well.
I know George Leon of Custom Comic Shop will do well up there with his Scooby Doo zombie prints and all of that
Adam Watson of Darkslinger Comics

George Leon of Custom Comics Shop
So I will be heading up there with Adam Watson
, Robert Diaz
Jason Z. Pott of NeöTrash Comix
 (Darkslinger Comics) and George Leon of Custom Comics Shop. I also know that Jason Z. Pott of NeöTrash Comix
will also be there.

Robert Diaz of Darkslinger Comics
What to expect for this show this time around?

A new pricing list to reflect the new prints for one. And two the display racks.

After talking to Beth about presentation of work at a show it just made sense to have something that was gonna be in your face as people come out of the vendors room. SO I think that this might be a fest rather than famine like this last year. So as you can see there is a lot to see.

The only thing that is missing this year like I had hoped for earlier this year was the lack of the Corpse Cop comics I want to have ready but I realized that the problem I have had over the years was the fact that I have ALWAYS rushed to get a project done just to meet a show with out a lot of accolades from people.  The rush to meet a self impossed deadline has always hurt me and really down deep I knew that forcing the issue (literally) would hurt me but I didn't think it was going to hurt a small fan following. Of course that following has always been my friends but never any serious response from professionals

I think that fear of success that I always talk about got the better of me in this BUT that doesn't mean I have completely given up on comics just refining my story and artistic technique.

There will be more comix this I promise you.
Pricing list for this years show

The rough rack set up.








So I am looking forward to see if the bad taste left in my mouth from last year's debacle of a show will be cleansed. 
Etsy
And of course I still have my comics that I have worked on here at Indyplanet.

And mind you there is website
and the facebook page 

The Website also has some new stuff added for the comic books featuring Corpse Cop.

 And with that this kid is outta of here I got work to do. 
 

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment