Sunday, May 10, 2015

SHOWS COMING UP!


Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest:

As the month of May has arrived and the Crypticon Show 2015 has confirmed for this kid there are new things that have been made and ready to sell both at the show and on Etsy and StoreEnvy(). Prints that is.



Now the one thing that I haven't got this time around – at least not yet are the comics that I have been holding off on for the last year or so. Corpse Cop still is in a holding pattern for me and it's due to money constraints that make printing difficult.


But there are some interesting turn of events recently.

The first of these is taking on a new group show here in PDX called the 88 STRONG SHOW.
I have been part of this show off and on over the last couple of years and constantly gone back and forth between painting and scratchboard. WELL … I think that I have come to a conclusion of which medium I want to get into this show and at the same time maximize my potential for a sale- and the winner is scratchboard! No real surprise there.
AND at the instance of Beth my girlfriend and Chris Haberman, curator of the show that I should just keep going with this medium. And I agree with them on this point. I like painting but it is just not my strong suit. And I have been pushing hard to make sales with my artwork.

The other thing I am looking at doing is comic book submission for ONI Press based out of Portland here. That's kinda cool. I have been on the fence about doing submissions to either Oni or Dark Horse for the matter. But the distribution – if they excepted it- would be awesome.

SO MY THINKING is submitting “The Watery Adventure of Richard Parker” as a submission to this company.
Now true, Richard Parker is not quite ready for sequential story telling but the thumbnails have been done for some time now and though there are a number of events that I could depict in the story I only have a finite amount of story ideas that I would like to develop for print. This alters the ending of Richard Parker somewhat the end goal has always been the same for him and meeting the man who sent him on this path would eventually brought back to the cold ocean depths. So what would naturally be a tale of showing solo splash pages would now show a small chronology of where he would be going but Parker's deep rooted goal was always revenge even if it were bitter sweet.

There are other projects that I have been working on as well such as the next installment of "Weird Atomic Tales" featuring "Last Monster on EARTH!"




IN OTHER COMIC NEWS....

Yes it is true that Corpse Cop won't make it to press just yet but there is still a couple more ideas that I want to do with this character as well as a story that does show sequential scratchboard art telling in the form of retro robots and monsters.

I think “Anger Beast” story that featured Robot Monster is a great idea that could really get a good cult following with a major dusting off of my original story.  And in turn incorporate Corrax the Seeker (the newer version) and robots of old -especially Robby.

Well that's about it for this kid right at the moment I have a fair amount of work ahead of me.

Check out these other sites as well.
Etsy
And of course I still have my comics that I have worked on here at Indyplanet.

And mind you there is website
and the facebook page 

The Website also has some new stuff added for the comic books featuring Corpse Cop.

 And with that this kid is outta of here I got work to do. 
 
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment