Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Gallery Show for the First of the Year



Hey there sports fans Al here with the latest:
UPCOMING SHOWS FOR THIS YEAR:
NOW that beginning of the year has started up more gallery work is going on as is small scratchboard pieces for comic shows.  To keep within my 25 5"x7" scratchboard I have already started out sketching out 7 new pieces before E.C.C.C. comes around.   I think that these new pieces will catch peoples attention as they also will be colored as well.
The stark black and white contrast won't as as scary to look at.  It also increases the cost a little bit as well for sales.
CORRAX THE SEEKER NEWS:
Corrax the Seeker #2 Page 9, panel 1  Copyright 2013 Alan Bennett and BBVA

Still working on issue #2.  Page 9 is taking up a lot of my time currently.  But I should have this second issue done by next week for editing.  That rocks but there is no rest for this wicked kid.  As soon it's done it's onto the next issue.  That story arc should be done before the end of the year. 
DREAMS OF ELYSIUM:
I have been going over slowly the script and looking where I need to add images to fill in out for where narration would be. It has been interesting revisiting this story again.  I having to interpret my orginal script has shown me flaws in my eariler storytelling.   This has been a real eye opener for me, its like having an old friend look over a peice of artwork and making sujestions on what should be changed
That's what I am dealing with right now.
GALLERY SHOWS:
As of today I have a show beginning at the Hawthorne Hideaway .
But there has been a bit of change up as to the amount of art pieces up.  And additional two more peices are going up.  "Pygmallion Modern" and the peice called "Trust me".
This should be a good show.  Nearly the one man show that I have been wanting to do towards the end of last year.  I am liking this more and more.   What was a old piece for a old show is new again.
RECENT NEWS- AS OF TODAY (1/10/13) I received am email for another open invite for a Febuary show called 
For The Love of Portland 2  
@Peoples Art of Portland Gallery and Mark Woolley Gallery.  I am currently sketching out a new idea for this show now.  I know that this will allow me to get work back over on the West side of town which is always a good thing for me.  So this will be a nice new addition to gallery show and my show resume.  Besides that, I know that these shows put on by Peoples Art of Portland Gallery February 16th-March 10th    Reception: February 16th, 5-
has always draw a different crowd that what I will be selling to here on the East side.

HOWEVER- this does bring up a point that a friend of mine brought up over a few beers.  Am I saturating the market with my style of art work?  And the case for was because I have had a one show right after the other since October starting with the Fanfare Show.  This was a good point but I believe that since I am putting out new work all the time and it has such a limited visual exposure here in town and I don't believe I will run into that kind of situation like any of those artists of the last 20 years like Bev Doolittle or Thomas Kinkade.  With towels, prints, coffee mugs or other art related material merchandising.  I think that a poster or t-shirt works for the kind of art I produce.   
On to February and Valentine's Day.

COMMISSIONS:
I still have one outstanding piece of work to do but it is taking time for me to get this done but it will get done.
I do commissions depending size, complexity of the piece, varnished and framed.  Usually half down half on completion of project.  Easiest way for payments is through Paypal  using my email address blackboxcomix@yahoo.com.
AND...
Old blog for Black Box Comix entries can be found here at http://blackboxcomix.blogspot.com/
And this kid is outta here.http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment