Saturday, October 3, 2015

Onto the next show...

Hey there sports fans Al here with the latest:
Well in about two weeks the DIVE IN! art show will become a bench mark for great solo shows. As well as being marked as a major success in my books. Through all of this I am ecstatic! I couldn't have dreamed about the turn out from friends and the fact that two original pieces sold!  Absolutely Amazing! 
And through all of these great turn of events there was that little bit of fear before the show started up even if you know the work is good.
That mind-killer (to barrow from "DUNE") that little doubt that enters into everyone's head when they are putting up a show we all get that little tug from it. 

"God, is anybody going to buy anything? Is any of this going to sell?"



We all feel that and if you didn't as a artist putting your work out there I think that something was seriously wrong with you.

That fear of acceptance. 

It's when a complete stranger is buying your work and there is a honest interaction going on between your art and the person who is picking it up and buying it. 

Validation.
That's when your fear is overcome.

I think that this the most gratifying feeling that you can have as an artist.  

BUT NOW is onto the next show and more. 

Getting the work out there is a big a deal and I have been hanging out with some people who have been cranking out the prints and more for easily the last couple months non stop! To me that is awesome in it's own right. But my friend Jen Feeney (to check her artwork here)is making sure that she is being seen all the time out there. With new work as well. So this is great for her and should be a spring board for other artists out there.

But like my friend Jason Pott of NeöTrash Comix has always said "have something new at the show". Well I have have taken that to heart and working hard on moving to that goal for the next couple shows that I will be going to.

The next big ticket for me is the Eucon
in Eugene Oregon this November. Heading back to the old stomping grounds for the kid. This should be really fun. Seeing old friends and showing off the new work to them and new fans and possible collectors.   

After that is the BIG 500. 
I've got 7 out of 10 pieces already done for that show. Now true some of these are coming back from the 88 STRONG show earlier this year and I thought that these should have sold defiantly but experience for me has told me that sometimes these pieces sell at different times than you would think. And mixed this with a couple of new pieces that are being varnished right now and with a couple more left to go I'll hit the limit. 

And as always there are places for you to check out as well.
Etsy





And of course I still have my comics that I have worked on here at Indyplanet.

And mind you there is website
and the facebook page 

The Website also has some new stuff added for the comic books featuring Corpse Cop.




 And with that this kid is outta of here I got work to do. 

 
 And that's it for the kid for now and I am outta of here.


posted from Bloggeroid






No comments:

Post a Comment