Sunday, June 10, 2012

Creative Process


Hey there sports fans Al here with the latest: 
You remember how I was saying that the production of work was going to slow down and the focus on presentation was the new thing to get into?
Well I lied.
Remember how I was also talking about the addiction to creating?  I guess I succumbed to the creative process like most artists I know. 
"STRIKE THE POSE" and a quick sketch from work.
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA

"HUNTING PARTY 2" 11"x14" scratchboard
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA

Uhnk 5"x7" clayboard

"DAWN OF MAN"  5"x7" scratchboard
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA
My reason why is the need to have at least 20 different pieces of scratchboard ready for the Rose City ComiCon this year and Jet City Comic Show in Seattle.
Theses of course are the 5"x7" s that I take with me every year and every show.
So thats where I stand right now with the artwork.  
OF COURSE this doesn't stop the creative process at all.  The latest piece of work was writing a story called "Superior Erectus".  
For me this kinda of story is a real messed up one and one origin of mankind with a twist of Poe and other such as Nigel Kneale.  All in glorious scratchboard as well.  
This would be sold in brown paper bag addition like NEOtrash Comix "P.F.B."  If you haven't seen or read that book you have no idea what to expect then.
But now it's onto the coloring of CTS #1 .

No comments:

Post a Comment