Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mid Month

Well here we are at that mid point of the month again there fans. and here I is,  Al with the latest:
  It sounds a little different as i continue to settle into the new office digs and jump into projects that have been on hold since the ECCC early this month.  I have been going through the comics that were either bought by me or given in trade by others - both were awesome and great to see the work of my friends working hard on what they love to do. 
I feel fortunate that I am not the only one that feels the same way about doing a book or books.
  But as i have said before in the past “real life gets in the way of fun stuff.  
  The first thing of real life for the kid is getting sick!  Not the drop dead kind (‘cause how would I be able to write this thing?) is the common cold!  I will say that there is nothing common about it except that it is annoying as hell when you have thing going on.
   The second thing is a lot more pleasant a friends wedding.
  Now this kind of interruption to the work flow is nice and I an especially happy to participate in  my friend Ben Kreger’s wedding this year as one of his groomsman.  It’s not often that I get to put on a tux for many reasons.
  Since moving to P-town, I have been introduced to several people by my friend Adam Watson since I have moved here.  By now some of these long associations have blossomed into full fledged friendships that I feel will be with me for the rest of my unnatural life.
  Ben Kreger runs Warrior Innkeeper Comics and the creator of Black Suit of Death and Lil Lincoln.  He is one of those guys.  And I will always remind him not to try to out Classic Trek me or be prepared to be schooled.
"GODZILLA BEGINS!"
2012 character copyright Toho Company Ltd2012 artwork Alan Bennett 


Page 1 layout

Page 7 layout

Conceptual Cover Mock Up for CTS #1
2012 copyright BBVA and Alan Bennett
  But aside from these little outing the commission for Godzilla is coming along nicely.  A little more time and finesse is needed in this work as it will be going to my friend Toby who fitted me with the New Mac setup at home.  This beast will be awesome!
  Currently I have been making a conisous disicion to work on Corrax The Seeker rather than Johnny Vega.  Vega is once again on the back burner for the kid but still keeping that character alive with a different kind of comic format that I am gonna call the “Cliffhanger format”.
  What is meant by that is that I purpose to produce a 12 page full color comic in a series of 4 to 6 different books to encompass one full story.  The idea is doing half of a full traditional comic story by putting half out there but ending each installment on a cliffhanger to keep the interest alive in what comes next!  It’s not a new idea but could be one that could be fun and also keeping the price down for the reader as well so we’ll see how it goes.
   Besides that it the first of these books is gonna focus around Corvis.  And I think I have a pretty handle on this man bird at large.
  I have posted a couple images of the thumbnails as well as a mock up for the cover for issue #1.
  Till then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment