Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mid Month Warning



Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest: 

  
GALLERY SHOWS:
And here I thought I was going to have a breather from Gallery shows- no such luck!  The Portland Love Show has already hit me for piece of art but in this case it will on display on line.
This will be a first for me as I won't even have to leave the house to send it off!  For me being the workaholic that I am makes things even better but I have yet to figure out these works will be purchased on line for the orginal.  But this is a year of new things to learn about the art world and I am going to make the best of it.

  This also would be  the first I had been involved in but it would give the viewers a chance to see the  work when convenient for them but the question of how long would it be up for. 
  I will be finding out more as time goes on.
  The other is the HansPiration show.  
  I am looking forward to being in both of these show.  


THE CROSSOVER: 
Page 28 for the Tale of Two Jo(h)nnys
copyright 2012 Jason Z. Pott and Alan Bennett
Partial Inking on Page 30 of ToTJ
copyright 2012 Jason Z. Pott and Alan Bennett


Most of blocking has been completed for the book.  Hard pressed to finish this work.  I am looking at completing  this  book with all the hard inking by the end of this month and a quick scanning of the pages so I can add a digital middle ground grey tone to the work.  When this book hits the table it gonna hit with a "Whoowamp!"  So watch for it!











THE POSTIT ADVENTURES:
Where are we now with young cadet Johnny Vega and his exploits?  Starting with Page 33 
    Previously in Johnny Vega, Man. of the Future:  Attacker revealed!  After Johnny ruthless attack on campus by parties unknown Vega's plan to draw out the attacker has worked.  Unfortunately, other cadets are drawn into the intrigue.  And now...
,,





One of the biggest realizations on the Postit Adventures is the Pagination of the stories.  There has been talk of actually serializing Johnny Vega into a continuous comic strip on line.  This in of itself is exciting to think about but again only  talked about.  So I plan on having to two page numbers listed on the bottom of the pages as we near the end of the first 24 page run on Vega.  So to clear up any confusion the first number will be page number as it would appear as a printed issue. 



EMERALD CITY COMICON 2012: 
New guests are being added to this event and we are getting closer to the show.  Here is to keeping my fingers crossed for a successful show!  Corpse Cop and all!

COMMISSIONS: 
Commissions are currently on hold at this time.  Since my contract didn't specify a time frame for having it done, it works out well with the work on the Crossover taking place right now.

OTHER STUFF: 
No new stuff as of yet... but you never know with the bar doodles and keep coming.

OLD BBC BLOG
What a lot people I believe don't realize is "Tales from the Scratch Pad" are the new Black Box Comix Updates.  Check here if you want to see those old blogs.  That is of you want to read up on old stuff.
And so there you go.  A lot of things going on at Scratch Pad.



No comments:

Post a Comment