Sunday, May 15, 2016

Other Things

Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest.
 Well things that are meant to be seem to be moving slowly on the triptych so I had to switch up the the work that was coming down the pike.

 Let me put it in context.

During the time that I was working on the triptych I had the opportunity to be part of another art show down town here in Portland. Recently that a gallery that had been a part of my life  The People's Art of Portland Gallery has been closed. Major bummer for me and for a lot of East Side Portland artists.

This again really bummed me out because this was one place that I felt good independent artwork was getting out. But as soon that gallery closed down another doorway opened for me. And in the form of me getting invited to another group art show downtown. The funny thing is that this invite came right on the heals of People's closing down. Perhaps, just perhaps this might even better than I could have thought. Only one other time have I shown work was a show years ago called the LOW BROW art show.



But being in a higher end gallery on the westside at Portland'5 Centers for the Arts. This is a higher end gallery with better visibility and lucrative (and I am dreaming here) opportunities for commission work to be had here in town.

And that was cool then about a year later they had a comic book themed art show due to the Mayor of Portland Sam Adams had declared Comic Book Day in tandem with a local comic book event of Stumptown Comic Book Fest.

But as one event being to roll to a close another was offered in the same place for a much different event The Dragon Boat Race during the Portland Rose Festival. This is a pretty big departure for the kid here but I feel that it could really show off my versatility as an artist and illustrator.


 It has been fun working on this and a different subject all together. I am looking forward to seeing how the work will look when I am done.

 OTHER STUFF - THE DOODLES!
Now lately I have a very small amount of time to work on art work at the theater because everything is a "priotity" to be done so there isn't really any free time - even on my breaks- to work on anything but being the creative genius that I am I have switched it up and crank out very quick "Coffee Doodles" just before hitting work.

Some of them are just off the cuff one off illustrations but there is a kinda theme going on with them.



Both Corpse Cop and Robot Monster still have a place in my heart for being made and illustrated. It's always a fun time for me.

And that's about it for the kid.

 
And as always there are places for you to check out as well.
Etsy







And of course I still have my comics that I have worked on here at Indyplanet.  I am still currently working on getting this link fix.
HOWEVER there are these books that I still need to add to the archive for Black Box Comix. And mind you there is website
and the facebook page 

The Website also has some new stuff added for the comic books featuring Corpse Cop.




 
I am outta of here.

posted from Bloggeroid


 

No comments:

Post a Comment