Friday, August 24, 2012

Gallery Work for late August


Hey there sports fans Al here with the latest:


Gallery Work- what can you say but hell yeah!
"In the nick of time"  16"X20" scratchboard 2010 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA
,,,,...,,,≤.........,,,,,
"Pygmalion Modern" 9"X12" scratchboard
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA
"Decimation" 11"X14" scratchboard
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA
There's nothing quite like seeing art work that you put together (and in some cases) slapped together depending on that venue that you are attending.  Now that's true for this kid. I was sorry that I wasn't able to attend the art opening at the People's Art of Portland Gallery for the FanFare Show but I am hoping to make it down and take a look and document the work currently up.  I don't think that taking photos of my work with constitute a copyright infringement otherwise I am in big trouble with this show.
"JONN AI"  8"X10" scratchboard
2012 copyright Alan Bennett and BBVA


JOHNNY VEGA IS STILL ALIVE - IN AN ALTERNATE TIME LINE AS JOHN AI!
True Johnny Vega, Man of the Future may be at end currently but his alternate is still alive and kicking ass in a alternate universe.  I was really taken by the John Carter movie which I beilve didn't get a fair shake because some the plot line had already been seen before but it was a great movie and alternate time lines- c'mon what's not to love about these?  I have a couple of stories that are just milling around with character but well have wait and see what happens in 2014 for this happen.  I still have other CTS stories that need to be brought up and told.  There is a rich universe in Vega and it still grows and changes all the time.  It's freakin' awesome in it's scope!




CORRAX; THE SEEKER NEWS: 
  Now as of this posting, CTS #1 should be at the printers GiSi Marketing Group.  Thanks to Sean Harrington for helping out.  So everything is working out great for getting the new books for show to premiere at Rose City Comic Show this upcoming September.  
  As gallery work continues on I am prepping ten new 8"x8" pieces of scratchboard for this years BIG 200 show.  
  The first of the images is "The Masque".  Based upon my upcoming scratchboard gothic graphic novel, "Dreams of Elysium".   I hope to use part of the image for the cover.  
Which is kinda cool for me see come together.  For me at least a cover cements an idea into a actual beginning of a book.  If asked what "Dreams of Elysium" is I would respond "Its in the same vein of a old Hammer horror films mixed with a little Robinson Crusoe and a touch of mythology.   After watching Ridley Scott's "Gladiator" and the dreams that Maximus has of his wife and child with the large farm on the other side in Elysium (Heaven would be the equivalent) sparked the idea.  This was sparked by a images that I had worked on a couple years ago, nearly two and half to be close.  Of a large lizard erupting from the sand while two figures were caught in the surf. 
A scene from "Dreams of Elysium"  another work in progress.
 Fun times.
Of course the script is about two old so its needs a little buffing and polishing.
But I am slowly deconstructing the story piece by piece and putting it back together with spliced parts to make the transitions between parts of the story flow together easier for the reader to follow.   Mood is of major importance with this story.
And when it is unveiled it will be very apparent why I say that.
I am very excited about this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment